Managing Director, Hettigoda Group of Companies (Since 2014)
1. Hettigoda Industries (Pvt) Ltd – Manufacture of Ayurvedic products
2. Siddhalepa Ayurveda Hospital (Pvt) Ltd – Full service 40-bed Ayurveda Hospital with Specialist Consultants
3. Siddhalepa Ayurveda Health Resort (Pvt) Ltd
4. Hettigoda City (Pvt) Ltd
5. Siddhalepa Plantations (Pvt) Ltd
6. Hettigoda Distributors (India) Ltd
7. Siddhalepa Ayurveda GmbH (Germany)
8. Siddhalepa Ayurveda s.r.o. (Czech Republic)
During 1986-90 Asoka Hettigoda received his under-graduate education at Northwestern University in USA in Artificial Intelligence and Business Management and later proceeded to work for Price Waterhouse in Chicago in their Management Consulting Services Division from 1990-95. During the 5-year period he was there, and had the opportunity to participate in various Consulting Projects in Industries such as Insurance, Petroleum, Oil & Gas, Pharmaceuticals (Amoco, British Petroleum Ltd. Inc., Baxter Health Care.)
Since 1995, attached to Hettigoda Group of Companies, an ISO 9001, ISO 14000, ISO 22000, HACCP, GMP Certified Company, as Managing Director, and involved in the Manufacture, Distribution and Export of Ayurveda Products, providing Health Care Services in managing a complete Ayurveda hospital for locals, as well as for foreigners, and also carrying on the business of a 4 Star category Tourist Hotel with Ayurveda Spa facilities, which is mainly patronized by up-market Tourists from Europe. Siddhalepa has expanded its Ayurveda SPA Services to Europe in 2004 and have now set up SPAs in Frankfurt, Berlin & Bad Schandau in Germany, Czech Republic and Slovakia. In 2005, the group expanded their activities to Germany and setup a German Company Siddhalepa Gmbh to promote Ayurvedic products and services in Western Europe and have been operating it successfully.
Later, in 2007, they started a Czech Company, Siddhalepa SRO, to promote Siddhalepa products and services to Eastern Europe, is operating well. Expanding the marketing activities in Asia, Hettigoda Distributors (India) was set up 2008 to promote Siddhalepa products in Indian market.
To promote the medical tourism segment to Sri Lanka, Anarva Mount Lavinia was opened in
August 2017. Anarva consists of 100 rooms with all the Ayurveda medical facilities to cater to long-term medical needs of discerning travelers who prefer to take Ayurveda treatment.
- Vice President, The Hotels Association of Sri Lanka, 2009-2015, 2018-.
The primary body of Hotel Owners of Sri Lanka representing over 14,000 registered hotel rooms.
- Founder Member, Member of Governing Council, Institute of Certified Professional Managers (CPM), 2010-.
CPM was formed to provide professional qualification in management by conducting educational programs, providing practical experience in private and public sector entities, and establishing a link between the private and public sectors for the advancement of professional management
- Director, Responsible Tourism Partnership (RTP) 2007-.
The RTP works to support the development of responsible sustainable community based tourism businesses and initiatives. Initially funded by Travel Foundation of UK, has made significant contributions to Sri Lanka in developing good community practices.
- Committee Member, Advisory Committee on Professional Service Sector, Export Development Board, Ministry of Industries and Commerce, Since 2015-.
The key agency promoting exports of products and services of Sri Lanka and primary policy making body for exporters.
- Committee Member, Sri Lanka German Business Council, Since 2000-.
The primary business association promoting Sri Lanka-German trade and investment.
Managing Director, EMEA Online Business
Siddhalepa Ayurveda Resorts & Spas
No.33/3 Sri Dharmarama Road
Phone + 94 11 273 6910
Fax + 94 11 273 5465
CityCube Berlin, Hall A1